David Raab had a great analysis on his blog back in October 2009. If you are interested in demand generation, I urge you to purchase the Raab Guide to Demand Generation Systems.
You can read the whole article here. Damning with faint praise, I call this. What’s the marketing take-way?
Every wants to be good – few really are good.
David Raab’s post
The latest addition to my collection of surveys about marketing measurement is The Marketing Performance Advantage, a joint effort from strategic marketing consultants CMG Partners and market researcher Chadwick Martin Bailey. Based on 400 online interviews among CFOs, CEOs and marketing employees of companies with 100+ employees, this is one of the larger and more sophisticated studies on the topic.
One-Quarter of Companies Measure Marketing Performance Effectively
The main finding is that about one-quarter of marketers feel they do an adequate job of measurement. This matches other studies on the topic. The survey asked several questions along those lines:
– 20% say their company “excels” at measurement
– 22% “excel” at using measurement-based insights to drive improvement
– 24% see a positive impact from measurement, and
– 27% have fully integrated measurement into marketing planning
The study also resembled other research in showing that many more marketers list measurement as a top priority (44%) than actually do it.
End of David Raab’s Post
The conclusion is clear. To become best practices, companies need to work with high quality expert organizations like Find New Customers. They simply cannot make change happen in-house. For some great insights on how to effect change in your business, read “Sow Seeds of Discontent.”
What do you think of this post? We love comments and make it easy to share.
Due to domain theft, we had to make some changes.
- Business website: http://www.FindNewCustomers.net became www.FindNewCustomers.com
- Blog: http://www.FearlessCompetitor.com (our popular B2B marketing blog) became www.FearlessCompetitor.net
- Email: email@example.com became firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Find New Customers (sponsored by Marketo,)
- Definitive Guide to Making Quota, and
- Moving from Transactional to Conversational Email Marketing (sponsored by Genius.com)
as well the e-book, Prospect Driven Marketing (with Communication Strategy Group) and holds a degree in Marketing from the University of Notre Dame. (Notre Dame is teaching B2B marketing to the next generation using this content.