B2B Lead Generation | Only 1 out of 5 companies have a lead scoring methodology in place
This data, from a recent study on sales leads by Vorsight and The Bridge Group was appalling. It’s really ugly.
With most companies dumping unfiltered leads to sales and on 1/2 of those salespeople making quota – it’s clear that the world of B2B Sales and Marketing is dysfunctional today. Sales is wasting valuable cycles on unqualified opportunities – wasting scarce resources.
SiriusDecisions also found that companies who give fewer (better qualified) leads to sales actually sell more. That means that the better you qualify leads, the better chance you have to exceed your financial targets.
But how do you separate good leads from bad ones? That’s where lead scoring comes in and our friends at Marketo published The Definitive Guide to Lead Scoring. (Just click the image below to download your copy.)
Marketo’s workbooks are famed for their simplicity and elegance and this an another great one.
Marketers face numerous questions when working with lead scoring. This workbook shares answers to many of those questions, including how to:
- Develop a lead scoring model including implicit and explicit lead scoring
- Save time by avoiding common pitfalls with lead scoring
- Adjust scores for leads that go cold or are recycled by sales
- Display scores in a way that is useful to sales
- Calculate the return on your lead scoring investment
- Optimize scoring models that are already in place
- Decide which leads should be nurtured by marketing and which should go to sales
- Score what’s happening in social media
To get those answers, here’s what’s included in this workbook.
- Shares over 200 behavior scores to consider, and over 50 demographic scores to consider
- Shares 8 case studies from companies that are creating success with lead scoring
- Based on best practices from thought leaders like SiriusDecisions and Forrester
- More than 50 pages of content
- Worksheet pages to get marketers started
- Focused on sales and marketing alignment and how lead scoring drives revenue growth
“This guide is critical to demystifying the art of scoring activities that prospects do along the trail to becoming a lead – packed with worksheets and behaviors to consider this is a must for any marketer looking to set up a really efficient lead management system”
– Paul Dunay, Chief Marketing Officer, Network Insights
Keep in mind that Marketo also sponsored our highly acclaimed white paper, How to Find New Customers, which is a free “must-read.” So go grab it now.
What do you think? We love comments and people who share.