Let me share my story, so that you can prepare for something unexpected like I did.
In the first few months of 2014, the future looked bright indeed:
- I had my first keynote speech in early April
- Find New Customers had a great new client
- We were ready to win new business (Find New Customers is back and better than ever now!)
Then on April 1 (April Fools Day) I got a call that my part time job needed me. I said Yes and went in. A customer needed a product that we did not have on the sales floor, but we had it in the warehouse. I went into the warehouse and push the ladder that had a platform on top toward the inventory I needed. But my path was blocked by a pile of inventory left on the warehouse floor.
Since I could not use the ladder, I climbed on the high shelf to get the inventory by hand. Something happened and I made a long fall onto the concrete floor. My skull was cracked, my right ear was nearly torn off, two vertebra were broken, and a rib was fractured – puncturing a lung. I was a mess. In fact, I was in such dire straights that I got Last Rights from a priest.
I disappeared from the Earth for April, May and most of June. I missed my keynote speech. I dropped the ball on Find New Customers new client, and I stopped paying bills too.
Medical care and rehabilitation were my daily routine till mid July. And when I finally left medical coverage, I had quite a mess to clean up.
- MarketingMadeSimple,tv had expired and someone took it from me.
- Find New Customers website had expired.
- My emails were no longer working.
- Bills needed to be paid.
- Needed to reschedule the keynote and reconnect with our new client.
I’m in much better shape today, but I’m not 100% just yet. Stay tuned.
If this helps just one of you prepare for unexpected issues like mine, this was worth it. Please visit http://www.findnewcustomers.com too,