Asking «COMPANY_NAME» 5 direct marketing questions
This blog has a new and beautiful template. What do you think of it?
As an award-winning marketing expert, Jeff Ogden, President of Find New Customers, has been calling and visiting the websites of Tampa Bay area company. Though there were a couple of marketing savvy company, like ConnectWise, the vast majority do zero marketing at all – that is a death sentence for businesses.
That’s why this letter was mailed out – with fi e direct questions to enable Tampa Bay area companies to rank themselves. The calls and web research will continue as well:
David Meerman Scott recently created a great SlideShare presentation entitled The New Rules of Sales that said Every company is in Sales today. You can check it out here.
“If you run a small company, then you’re in Sales. If you are a doctor or a lawyer or an account, you’re in Sales…Everyone is in Sales.” Why? Because buyers changed and hold the power today..”
(According to a recent article in the New York Times, 98% of the people in America have broadband connections today. If almost everyone has a broadband connection, can you really think your business is immune to change?)
I would also argue that in today’s world of broadband internet access, every company needs to do marketing today – no matter if you’re a big company like Exxon or a small dentist office. That means even «COMPANY_NAME» needs to do marketing.
You need to do marketing and that’s not just being on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. In this tough world of today, sales and marketing belong in every business.
So let’s ask five direct questions to see where you are today in marketing, «FIRST_NAME»
- Have you talked with your customers to learn how they make buying decisions and the terms they use? (20 points)
- Are you engaged in Content Marketing? Have you created educational materials like eBooks, White Papers, Case Studies and videos to educate buyers on how you solve their business problems? (20 points)
- Is your website set up to be optimized for mobile devices? Have you tested it with an iPhone or Samsung device? (20 points)
- Have you purchased and set up marketing automation software, such as Marketo, Pardot or Act-On Software? (20 points)
- Do you have a senior person in charge of marketing in your company? (Note that one of the best marketing companies in Tampa/St Pete, ConnectWise, has a Chief Marketing Officer on staff.) (20 points)
Each answer is worth 20 points, so if you are doing all five, you get 100 as your marketing grade. Just count your number of Yes’s and multiply by 20. For instance, 2 Yes’s would generate just 40 points.
Don’t worry if you get a low score. The marketing experts at Find New Customers are here to help you. Schedule your FREE 15 minute phone call with the award-winning marketing expert, Jeff Ogden, by visiting www.findnewcustomers.com. Or if you want to vent your frustrations, then just call my mobile phone on (516) 456-8218.
Let’s make your business great, «FIRST_NAME».
If your company is looking for help from a very well-connected award-winning BtoB marketing expert, just fill out the form below.
What do you think? Love comments here.