But most of it, I think, misses the mark of delivering revenue because of five key flaws:
- They lack deep buyer personas
- They’ve not mapped buyer variables, like job title, buying stage, problem area, etc.
- Their content lacks Catch Factors (Ardath Albee term) – hooks to keep them engaged.
- They lack a marketing automation system to deliver the right content at the right time to the right person.
- They don’t have content stored properly so they can recall and deliver the right message at the right time.
Remember, the goal of content marketing is to move prospective buyers through a buying process. Most BtoB marketing content fails to accomplish that goal.
Content marketing requires deep insights, a real plan, the right tools and the right approach.
I suggest you check out Avitage and Junta42, as well as the numerous experts out there. By the way, Marketo has a great list of Sales and Marketing experts on the Marketing Moguls page. (including us)
What do you think? We love comments, re-tweets and Likes. All those are here. Thanks.
- How to Find New Customers (sponsored by Marketo,)
- Definitive Guide to Making Quota, and
- Moving from Transactional to Conversational Email Marketing (sponsored by Genius.com)
as well the e-book, Prospect Driven Marketing (with Communication Strategy Group) and holds a degree in Marketing from the University of Notre Dame. (Notre Dame is teaching B2B marketing to the next generation using this content.)