I’ve been running Find New Customers for five years. And since that time I’ve been blogging regularly and I’ve been quite active on social media too. We won a handful of clients too. But we failed to grow the business nearly as much as I wanted too. There were some long slow periods too.
I realized I was depending on inbound marketing 100% and my advice is to ignore Hubspot’s advice. You need to do a lot more marketing to win more customers.
Henry DeVies taught a five-hour class entitled “Marketing with a Book and Speaking” in Orlando. There he presented the top marketing approaches, which he named the “Magnificent 7.” They go down from least effective (#7) to most effective (#1), Not that done of them would be called inbound marketing alone, except #6.
7. Seminars – webinars and like events
6. Internet game plan – blogging and social media
5. Networking – attending events
4. Pro Bono – public speaking for free by you
3. Get Published – top print publications in your vertical and similar
2. How to speeches – educational events you are speaking at
1. Small Scale Seminars – educational breakfast or lunch you are putting on
He said the very best direct mail tactic to use it to send an invitation to an event.
i’m using all of those tactics to drive Find New Customers forward into greater revenue. In fact, I just hooked up with the executive director of the Business Marketing Association about forming a chapter in Tampa, Florida.
What do you think? Have you ever had great success via inbound marketing alone? I also to urge you to Find New Customers and download the awesome white paper, How to Find New Customers.
If your company is looking for a very well-connected award winning BtoB marketing expert, just fill out the form below.
What do you think? Love comments here.